- Show consideration and respect for people and treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Are always honest and tell the truth.
- Make good choices (act with integrity)
- Are considerate and thoughtful showing empathy to others. (Emotional Intelligence)
- Are able to listen to others and are polite.
- Are tolerant of difference and other people’s opinions and beliefs.
- Support everyone in our school community. Care for each other and nurture each other’s talents.
- Work together to do the very best we can and celebrate our achievements.
- Pupils are taught values and reasons behind laws and responsibilities that this involves as well as consequences of breaking laws/rules.
- Understand their place in a culturally diverse society through enriched learning opportunities which establish our pupils as Global Citizens.
- The profile of SMSC is high in our school and is taught throughout the curriculum to promote tolerance and understanding.
- Have ambition, drive and commitment.
- Want to persevere and understand the consequences of giving up.
- Are able to accept and learn from mistakes and always strive to try their best.
- Are creative problem solvers who take risks.
- Are curious, willing to try new things and make the most of opportunities and challenges.
- Enthusiastically take part in healthy competition whilst also being able to celebrate the achievements of others.
- Are creative and resourceful and able to organise ourselves.
- Take responsibility for our own actions and learning.
- Resist distractions and make good use of time.
- Are enthusiastic and want to learn.
- Have a growing understanding of ourselves as learners; know what we are good at and when we need support.
- Are confident of our skills and brave enough to offer them to a team.
- Pupils have the opportunity to have their voices heard through our School Council and Pupil Evaluations.
- Our school Behaviour Policy involves Rewards which the pupils vote on.
- Feel safe and their parents believe that the school keeps their children safe.
- Understand the importance of rules both in school and in and around school.
- Promote respect for ourselves, each other and property.
- Pupils are actively encourages to make choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
- Pupils are given the freedom to make their own choices.